MARSHMALLOW ROOT..FOR THE INSIDES
- Diuretic: Aids the body in expelling excess fluid and mucus.
- Respiratory Infections: Excellent herbal remedy when used as a tea to aid in eliminating respiratory infections, such as: bronchitis, whooping cough, laryngitis, tonsillitis, dry cough and emphysema. You can also use a Marshmallow tea mixture to reduce hoarseness of the throat and other throat infections.Marshmallow root contains mucilate, a substance that becomes slippery when wet. This trait gives the marshmallow plant the ability to treat irritation in the mouth, throat and stomach. Prep: Boil 25 Grams of Marshmallow root to 1 liter of water steep for 15-20 minutes. Drink 2-3 cups daily, can mix with orange flower water or orange juice and honey for flavor.
- Stomach Issues: Used to cure Acid Reflux, Peptic Ulcer and Gastritis, Constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Colitis.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Marshmallow root has been used for centuries in aiding in curing Urinary Tract Infections, Kidney Problems and Kidney Stones.
- Weight Loss: Because marshmallow root swells when mixed with fluids, ingesting it as a diet supplement causes the stomach to feel fuller.
- Teething: A marshmallow root can be peeled and given to infants to chew on. This reduces the pain and irritation associated with teething.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT..FOR THE SKIN
- Marshmallow Root can be made into a poultice and used to treat skin infections such as; eczema, psoriasis and pinkeye. Because marshmallow root has anti-inflammatory activity on the human tissue it has been proven helpful in treating cuts, scrapes, and other wounds. Prep: Mix enough Marshmallow Root powder to warm water to make a thick paste and apply to skin as needed.
- I personally used Marshmallow Root as a poultice combined with activated charcoal and lavender essential oil to make a healing treatment for my husband's skin when he was stung by 11 bees while doing the lawn. The complete poultice consisted of: Marshmallow Root, Charcoal, Few drops of Echinacea Extract and Lavender Essential Oil. I combined to make a thick paste and added to the infected areas.This prevented any swelling or itching that normally occurs when suffering a bee sting.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT..FOR THE HAIR
- As a natural emollient (moisturizer), it works wonders when used as a deep treatment or deep conditioning Ayurvedic mask for hair and scalp. This yummy goodness can be found in all of our water based products such as our: Natty Deep Conditioner, Natty Creme, and Natty Moist
- Marshmallow is a medicated, conditioning, mucilaginous herb that
provides an abundance of ’slip’ which helps to nourish and detangle naturally curly hair.
If you love to mix, here are some awesome DIY mixes that you can make for yourself using Marshmallow Root
Marshmallow Root Herbal Spritz: 1/3 Aloe Vera Gel/Juice, 2 TBSP Hibiscus Petal Powder, 2 TBSP Marshmallow Root Powder, 1 1/4 Cups Distilled (Filtered) Water.Prep: Bring distilled water to a boil, then let cool slightly. Add Hibiscus Petal Powder and Marshmallow root to water, and allow to steep for 30 minutes. Strain mixture through cheesecloth, and add Aloe Vera Gel to liquid. Pour mixture in a spray bottle, and store in refrigerator for up to one week, use as often as needed. Marshmallow Root has a strong smell, so I like to add lavender or lemongrass to help with the smell.
Marshmallow Root Deep Conditioning Treatment: 1/4 cup Natty Moist Conditioner (or any natural conditioner you favor), 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 2 TBSP Hibiscus Petal Powder, 2 TBSP Brahmi Powder, 2 TBSP Bhringraj and 1 TBSP Marshmallow Root Powder. Prep: In a medium size bowl, mix all ingredients together and use immediately. Gently section your hair, and use an applicator brush to generously apply the mixture starting at the scalp, and working your way down the hair shaft. Cover with a plastic cap and allow mixture to sit on head for about 45minutes-hour.
Marshmallow Root Clarifying Treatment: 1/2 Cup Bentonite Clay Powder, 2 TBSP Marshmallow Root Powder, 1/4 Cup Aloe Vera Gel/Juice, 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar. Prep: Mix ingredients into a cake batter consistency and apply to damp hair. Leave on for 15-20 minutes and do not allow to dry. Rinse with lukewarm to cool water.
where to purchase: www.mountainroseherbs.com www.fromnaturewithlove.com